Victims Compensation Program
Oasis Counseling Center, LLC is dedicated to working with victims of trauma and their families and will assist clients with completing the required paperwork to file a claim with the Georgia Crime Victim's Compensation Program. CVCC Website.
The program can help victims and their families to cover the following expenses related to the incident:
- Medical and Dental expenses - up to $15,000
- Mental Health Counseling - up to $3,000
- Funeral Expenses - up to $3,000
- Economic Support - such as lost wages - up to $10,000
- Crime Scene Clean-up - up to $1,500
We ask that clients work with staff on this process by helping to provide the necessary documentation, such as receipts, a copy of the police report from the incident, etc., and by attending regularly scheduled appointments with their counselor. It is important that the application be filed within one year of the crime in order to qualify.
In addition to assisting clients with paperwork for Crime Victims Compensation, Oasis Counseling has set a reduced fee to further enable clients to work on healing from trauma. The hourly fee for individual sessions is reduced to $65 for clients who qualify for the program.
Once the Crime Victim's Compensation is successfully filed, the counseling at Oasis Counseling will be at no-cost to the client and the counseling session fees will be covered by that program. The program will also reimburse clients for any expenses they have paid out of pocket, such as medications, medical equipment, time missed from work, and other expenses that were the result of the crime experienced.
How do I know if I qualify for the Georgia Crime Victims Compensation Program?
In order to qualify you must fall into one of the following categories:
- a person who is physically injured as result of violent crime
- a person who witnessed or was threatened of a violent crime
- a person who was injured while helping a victim of a violent crime
- a parent or guardian of a person injured or killed as result of violent crime
The following crimes are some of the ones that may qualify for victims compensation benefits:
Please contact our office today to see if you or a loved one qualify for this program and to schedule an appointment to begin healing from the trauma you have experienced.